As we know it, rice wine can be characterized as a rich-flavored liquid. It is also known as yellow wine. This is created from glutinous rice and is used for cooking and drinking. Majority of people prefer using rice wine for cooking than other wines because they have a lower alcohol content level. The best tasting and most famous rice wines have come from Shaoxing, in Zhejiang a province of China.
It is very important for you to know that wines that are coming from Asia are usually good for cooking, and they are well-loved by most chefs.
What you will be needing:
– 1/4 Chinese yeast ball – 4 cups of glutinous rice, it should be raw.
– a tsp all-purpose flour – Medium-sized tray – Rice steamer or any similar – Container with lid – Airtight bottle or jar – Tray
Course of action:
– First, soak raw the glutinous rice in hot water for about 1 hour.
– After an hour, drain the rice and then steam the rice in a steamer or colander above boiling water for 25 minutes
– When the 25 minutes steaming time is over, spread the rice out on a tray for 2 hours and let it cool down.
– While waiting for the rice to cool down, you can grind the cheese yeast so that it will form into a uniform powder and then mix it with the flour.
– Mix it with the yeast mixture using your hand until it is evenly blended by the time your rice has cool down.
– Then, transfer the mixture into the container that you prepared with lid and cover tightly. Let the mixture to ferment in a warm and dry place for 1 month.
– Strain the rice mixture to separate the rice (mash) from the liquid (rice wine). Wrap the mash in cheesecloth or any similar material to extract the remaining rice wine.
– Place the wine in a container and cover. To stop the wine from fermenting and turning into wine, place it inside the refrigerator. It is normal to see your wine turn from amber to black color when aging.
Rice wine can also be added to your foods when cooking and they can also be used as a marinade. Not only is it tasty but it is also good for the health.
Want to invest into something fruitful? Try to go into Wine franchises and you will be amazed at how much you will be earning with this business. You can also invest in wine shop franchise if you are fond of wine and want to earn money.