Looking for a gift for your father or husband who is a cigar fan? Look no further. Find below all that you need to be aware about cigars and how to pick one.
Size of the cigar
Generally cigars are categorized on their length, diameter, strength, method of assembling etc. The length and diameter of the cigar are the most frequently used categorization. The diameter of a cigar is measured as 64th part of an inch and the length is measured in inches. Take your pick from Perfecto, Churchill, Toro or the famous Giant with a length of 9 inch and 52 ring size.
Colors, Shapes, and Hand-Rolled
Cigars are available in varied colors and shapes. The most common shapes are tapered, flared and pyramid. Pick only a hand rolled cigar and not a machine made one. If you cannot afford it you might as well drop the idea of buying a cigar.
Begin with mild cigars
Mild flavored cigars would be cheaper to buy and the perfect gift for your loved one if he is a budding cigar aficionado. These cheaper cigars are the best to learn the finer nuances of cigar smoking like cutting it, storing it etc before moving on to the more expensive ones.
Getting maximum pleasure from your cigars
Here is what long-time cigar enthusiasts recommend about smoking and enjoying cigars. This is also useful stuff to relate to the profoundly happy recipient of your gift:
* Keep trying out different cigars rather than sticking to one.
* Cigar smoke is not to be inhaled. Keep it in your mouth for a short duration and exhale it.
* Do not refrigerate your cigars; remove all packaging and store them in a good humidor for say a month or two before you smoke them.
* Don?t ever put a used cigar back in your humidor, throw it away.
* To really enjoy your cigar smoking experience, choose the right drink to go with your carefully chosen indulgence. Try some strong-flavored drinks to enhance the flavor of your cigar, such as scotch, port wine, and Kahlua drinks.
* Don’t bite off the cigar tip; use a good quality cigar cutter.
* Paper match sticks are a complete no for lighting cigars. You may use wooden match sticks provided you let all the sulfur burn away before you light your cigar. The best option is butane lighter.
* When you are finished with your cigar, let it burn itself out in the ashtray. Snuffing your cigar out leaves an unpleasant smell.
Cigar – Celebrate Father?s Day with this wonderful gift
If the thought of choosing a cigar for a Father’s Day gift is overwhelming, never fear. Cigar accessories, such as cutters, humidors, lighters, cigar cases, and ashtrays, will also make a cigar smoker happy. You need not travel to your local tobacconist to find the best Father’s Day gift. Find the right cigar and purchase online and save yourself the trip.
Cigar smoking is a great hobby and a Palio Cutter is very popular among avid cigar smokers. Be sure you get the best deals on all cigar accessories.